- newThe hidden risks of hi-tech toys at Christmas
The latest gifts can leave children vulnerable - and parents out of pocket, says Rosie Murray-West.
- 2 hours ago, 13 Dec 13, 4:28am -
- newHoliday gifts for newborns and parents
When there's a new baby in the family, everyone's really excited and that's what the holidays are all about: seeing children getting their first gifts. With holiday shopping for your friends and loved ones is in full gear, Vanessa Antonelli, owner of…
- 8 hours ago, 12 Dec 13, 11:06pm -
- newAngel Tree Donations at First Presbyterian Church of Ft. Lauderdale Strengthen Ties Between Incarcerated Parents and ...
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Dec. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hundreds of children whose parents are incarcerated within the Broward County jail system will receive gifts from those parents this holiday season thanks to the generosity of parishioners who pa…
- 12 hours ago, 12 Dec 13, 6:35pm -
- newThe hidden cost in hi-tech toys for Christmas
The latest gifts can leave children vulnerable and parents out of pocket. Jane Hogarth and her family have already fallen foul to app purchases
- 21 hours ago, 12 Dec 13, 10:07am -
- newGifts for the hard-to-shop-for
We know you're starting to panic. With just a few weeks left in the holiday season, you still needs Christmas gift ideas for some of the people on your list: the babysitter you want to keep happy, the co-worker you drew in the office Secret Santa exc…
- 1 day ago, 11 Dec 13, 9:00pm -
- newYOUNG BUCKS-Holiday gifts teachers really want
As the holidays approach, many parents are grappling with the ultimate gift conundrum - is it better to give cash, gift cards or more personal gifts to teachers? "I don't like the idea of gift cards that much," says Lucy P. Marcus, the parent of a sc…
- 1 day ago, 11 Dec 13, 7:23pm -
- newSenior center allows children to 'shop' for parents' gifts
PEPPERELL -- While gift donations for children around the holiday season are a common occurrence, this year the Pepperell Senior Center is offering a different opportunity -- allowing children to pick out donated gifts for their parents.
- 2 days ago, 11 Dec 13, 6:00pm -
- newNeed To Prove That Santa's Real? There's An App For That
Agency Zulu Alpha Kilo creates "Kringl" app to help parents convince kids that Santa's real, and encourage donations for Make-a-Wish Canada in the process. For parents with young children Christmas brings a mixed bag of emotions. There's the joy of s…
- 2 days ago, 11 Dec 13, 3:18am -
- newExplore Holiday Gift Options for College Savings Plans
It's not easy asking family and friends for money, even if it's for a child's education. But it's getting easier to suggest holiday gifts for college savings accounts without having to ask outright. Parents can create profiles of their children with…
- 4 days ago, 9 Dec 13, 3:37pm -
- More Than Half Of Parents Plan To Buy Tech Gifts For Young Children
A survey commissioned by PBS Kids found that 54% of parents say they plan to purchase or give a tech gift to their children this holiday season. Nearly six in 10 (59%) of parents younger than 34 plan to buy a tech gift for their kids.
- 11 days ago, 2 Dec 13, 5:54pm -